Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wednesday weigh-in on Thursday whoops!

Hey blogging world...So I've been a smidge busy and forgot to post yesterday...sue me. My weight yesterday was 176lbs. I lost 2 more lbs this week. YAY go me!

So update about the teeth: I ended up having an abscess which required a root canal. I had never had one before and was scared to death as I explained last post. I had laughing gas for the first time which I do think helped. I felt calm and relaxed! My dentist sent me to an endodontist to have the procedure done. When I got there, I noticed their shirts said, "Not all root canals are created equal." I decided if they had a sense of humor about it I was going to try to as well, even though I wanted to b*tch slap anyone who came within a foot of my mouth. The best part about the whole thing was they had a TV on the ceiling and they gave me headphones which I turned up as loud as I could. One of the worst things about the dentist is the freaking sounds!!! I am always afraid their going to start drilling and just keep going up through my head. The headphones definitely helped the sound. Long story short, it wasn't too bad of an experience but it I still don't like the dentist.

Anywho...I tried a new workout class tonight. It was a bootcamp class at our local Y. I thought I was going to die when the lady said, "Alright 1 mile run to warm-up." I was like Oh shit I should leave now. But I stayed and stuck it out. After that I think we did at least 5000 jumping jacks and a bunch of body weight strengthening activities like planks, squats, crunches, etc. BTW - Did you know it takes 1000 jumping jacks to burn 1lb? True story! We finished with "100 abs" where we did 25 regular crunches, 25 right sided crunches, 25 left sided crunches, and 25 reverse crunches. The ab portion took all of 2 minutes so I think I may incorporate that in to my daily routine.

The biggest thing I learned from tonight is this: If there are other people watching me I'm going to move my fat @$$ a little faster and go a little harder. I've always thrived in the group setting because someone is there holding me accountable. So peeps if your needing a little extra motivation - Try out a group workout. It was pretty fun (I thought otherwise when that skinny ass chick made me do burpees) and kicked my butt!

Love - KL

No comments:

Post a Comment