Thursday, September 27, 2012

All about the Apps!

I finished week 1 of C25K (yesterday actually) and I feel accomplished! My phone was blasting Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" on the my last run leg and I brought it in both fists in the air Rocky style.  So far its really not getting easier but my pace did get faster and I finished quicker than day 1.

How do I know this you might ask? Because I'm completely obsessed with Apps. For my runs I use, the C25K Free app, map my run, and pandora all at the same time. Yeah, I've decided my phone is definitely female because it can multitask like a biotch! 

Here's a look at the C25K app. I love it because you don't have to have it open for it to work. It chimes and tells you when to run and when to walk, so its pretty much a no brainer. The only thing I'm not fond of is the perky chick thats the voice behind the app. I need like Jillian Michaels telling me "RUN and unless you puke, faint, or die keep going,"  or "move your ass." You know what I'm saying??


Map my run uses GPS to track your routes so you can see the distance you went, your total time, and your pace. It's pretty sweet as well. My favorite stations on Pandora are Pop Fitness Radio, Dance Cardio Radio,  and Pop and Hip Hop Power Radio. All pumped up music to keep you going until the end of your workout.

On a similar but different note. The new headphones from apple are the bombdizzle! The traditional ear buds always hurt my left ear (yes, only the left one) but these fit awesome! Try them out!


In other app news my sister told me about an App, Zombie Run, which is sort of an interactive running game. Check out this link: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/ Only down side its $7.99 on Itunes...maybe I'll wait till I get gifted another itunes card...and until I have a reasonable chance of not getting eaten by Zombies since I run super slow! 

Peace Out! Love - KL

No comments:

Post a Comment