Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weigh-In Wednesday and Zumba

I'm down 2lbs from last week!! I'm trying to go about this weight loss with more of the "liftestyle change" approach so any weight loss is G-REAT!

This week I taught Zumba twice. I just have to say if you haven't tried it, you need to!!! Its a workout in disguise. Almost 4 years ago my friend Chelsea and I experienced our first Zumba class. We were both nervous and felt super awkward at first, but as the music played, we started sweating, and laughing, and having a super fun time. Before we knew it the workout was over and we were both sore the next day.

Chelsea and I were both from a town that had not experienced the Zumba phenom yet so we got certified and started our own classes. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done. I had to step outside myself and it took a lot of courage to shake my ass in front of a bunch of people I went to high school with! As the months wore on our classes got bigger and our waist lines got smaller. We ended up opening our own studio and hiring other instructors. I ended up losing almost 35lbs.

Then things started to get tough. I was never home, my normal job, and my "fun" job started becoming too much. We were trying to sell our house and I was traveling over an hour 1 way to teach my classes. I felt like my life was spinning out of control. I took a step back and reliquished the business to Chelsea. I was so stressed and overwhelmed I just completely reverted to my old lifestyle. I was just too dang tired to work out and I put whatever was convenient in to my mouth (which unfortunately was a lot of fast food).

A year and a half later, I've started getting back in to teaching Zumba again. I let Chels handle the business aspect of things and I help teach the classes. I LOVE teaching with my friend. We have so much fun together. Zumba makes me feel like someone totally different than my normal self. It makes me feel sexy and fun. I love being in front of the group where I can feed off their energy and lend them my own. It inspires me!

I'm seroius get out there and try a class. I promise that you WILL feel lost and nervous and shy your first class. But once you get the hang of it you will feel SO accomplished! If your like me and the thought of working out makes you want to crawl in a hole and hide, Zumba is for you. You wont even know your working out! Check out some old pics from back in our early Zumba days:

Our very first certification class 2009

 2nd certification class and much littler! 2011 I think

Party in Pink Breast Cancer Benefit 2010 or 11 I can't remember!

Let the good times roll - Love KL

No comments:

Post a Comment