Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Weddings, Babies, Football, Challenges OH MY!

So I have slacked a little in the post department but we had a super busy few days! One of my hubby's best friends got married over the weekend. It was a beautiful ceremony, right on the river, and we had PERFECT weather! We went to the reception afterwards and had a good time but....

Apparently everyone we know now has children. I think we were asked about 20 times if we had kids yet and when we answered no, they asked us "WHY NOT?" I was floored that people have the balls to ask that question. Replies kept running through my head alongs the lines of:

"Do you have a job?" no "Well why not?"
"Do you have a house?" no "Well why not?"

I mean seriously people that is just hurtful...for all they know we have been trying to have kids and can't, or we don't want to have kids, or we have had 3 miscarriages, or maybe we just aren't ready... Needless to say the hubs and I felt very left out of the baby club. I should write a book, "things not to ask those married without kids" I'll make the subtitle "dumbasses"

In other news, I might have mentioned that I am a HUGE Green Bay Packer fan. I just have to put it out there that Monday nights game was the worst officiated game I have ever seen!!! The Pack got totally jipped! I'd like to kick those refs in the ballsack!

In other, other news, I follow several blogs and one in particular is "Fitness Unscripted." They currently have an online weight loss challenge that anyone can participate in. Need a little motivation? Need a little accountability? Then this is for you. Here is a link to the post: http://www.fitnessunscripted.com/2012/09/team-challenge-hooker-heels-jen-s.html

As a bonus here are a couple pictures from this weekend:

Me and the hubs

My BFF 

Love! -KL

2 comments:

  1. I also think it is rude to ask people why they don't have kids, it is no ones business nosyasses! Having had kids early I will say that it is a hard job I had to do it all at once, and if there is no other reason then you guys are just waiting then I say You do it how you want! Most everything that I read or hear is saying that most women and men are waiting to have children until they have their careers and homes and whatever else they want. If there are other reasons, well those are your private reasons to and know that your true friends are there to support you and help you through.
    On your other note, I am just a football in general fan, I don't necessarily have a favorite team, except for the one that my son plays on LOL, but I to think that there were a lot of bad calls in that game.
    on you other, other note, kind of, I had a blast at class tonight even though there was just three of us! Missed the ones who weren't there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Emma!! I agree completely with what your saying! I know people talk about what's important to them and for most of my friends its their kids....and thats great! I just couldn't believe how in my face people were about the fact that we don't have kids! So glad you came to workout!

    ReplyDelete